One of my favorite-of-all-time camping recipes is Taco Soup! It’s extremely easy to throw together in your new or used RV, and it’s a great bowlful of flavor year round. Don’t let the “soup” fool you into thinking it’s not a good camping recipe for late summer. Your family will wolf this down in any weather!
- 2 pounds ground beef or cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1-2 envelopes taco seasoning (your preference: season to taste)
- 1 envelope Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans cream corn
- 2 cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ½ oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Additional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, corn chips
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat, crumbling it as you cook. Drain off the fat and discard.
- If you’re choosing to use chicken instead, cook it through and shred with a fork once it’s cooled.
- Place cooked meat directly into slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients. If you were looking for a difficult recipe, this ain’t it!
- Heat on low for 4 hours and serve with the toppings of your choice.
This may look and feel like chili, but it’s really like tacos in a bowl! And it’s so easy to adjust based on your personal preferences. If you want more heat and zip, add 2 full packets of taco seasoning or even a 4 oz can of diced green chilies. If you prefer red beans over black beans, substitute as you like. You can even serve this spooned over cooked rice or tortilla/corn chips if you want to be extra hearty!
Best of all, this camping recipe is easy to throw together in the morning as you’re clearing the breakfast dishes. Simply add everything in the slow cooker and turn it on before leaving for the afternoon – that way, when you come back to your new or used RV, dinner is served.
Have you made this recipe? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below. And let us know (contact us today!) if we can help get your RV road-ready for your camping trips this fall!