Want a fast, easy, and delicious recipe to take with you on your next camping trip in your new or used RV? Then you’ll want to try this easy camping recipe for BBQ chicken pizza. It assembles in about 5 minutes and bakes in 15. A “ready in 20” dinner? Yes, please!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 6 slices naan (sort of like pita bread)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 2 cups cooked, shredded/cubed chicken
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped/crumbled
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
You’ll also need:
- Baking sheet
- Pastry brush
- Knife or spatula
- Frying pan
- Turn on oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and remove from heat, draining off grease.
- Add a small drizzle of olive oil to each piece of naan bread and place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle BBQ sauce on each naan bread (on top of olive oil) and evenly distribute with a spatula or knife.
- Divide the chicken evenly between the naan, spreading it across the top of each piece.
- Sprinkle each naan with cheese.
- Top with a sprinkle of bacon and onions.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
This is a family favorite recipe that we make year-round, whether we’re camping or at home! It’s easy for the kids to help with and is a crowd pleaser. Good luck enjoying the leftovers the next day – there won’t be any!
A few tips:
- I purchase deboned rotisserie chicken in the deli section. There’s no cooking, chopping, or anything else – just open the carton and top the naan!
- If you are really in a hurry, use a bag of bacon pieces from the salad dressing/crouton aisle at the grocery store instead of cooking your bacon.
- Use parchment paper or aluminum foil on the baking sheet for easy clean up.