Happy 4th of July weekend! Whether you’re at home or on the road in your new or used RV, you’re probably planning on doing some delicious grilling. Kick it up a notch with this great 4th of July recipe for grilled BBQ salmon and fruit skewers! This recipe is adapted from AllRecipes, and you can find the original here.
- 4 wooden skewers
- 1 (1 lb) fillet salmon
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tbs barbeque sauce, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 peach, pitted and cut into large chunks
- 1 can of pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
Let’s get grilling!
- Get the grill ready by lightly oiling the grate and preheating to medium-high. Let the wooden skewers soak in water while you prep the rest.
- Slather both sides of the salmon with the barbeque sauce and set aside.
- Combine bell pepper, peach, and pineapple chunks in a bowl. In a separate dish, whisk together 3 tablespoons of barbeque with the water, lime juice, olive oil, and honey. Pour it over the fruit and pepper mixture, and toss to coat well.
- Remove skewers from water and thread with alternating pieces of the fruit and pepper mix.
- Grill the fruit skewers, turning every couple of minutes until each side is brown – about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place salmon on grill skin side down, grilling until the fish is opaque and the flesh flakes easily – about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
We’d love to help you pick out the perfect new or used RV for your summer travels – and one with an outdoor cooktop or grill means you can make delicious meals like this one while the sun goes down! Contact us today with any questions about our RVs for sale or to schedule some RV service and maintenance before you hit the road!