This year has certainly been difficult for planning trips and vacations, but an outdoor vacation is about as safe as it can get – and fun, too! Fill up the remainder of your summer with an awesome vacation with your family to Indiana Dunes National Park. It’s a beautiful camping destination in Indiana with plenty of things to do and explore, and gorgeous late-summer weather to enjoy. Read more about planning your trip to Indiana Dunes National Park below!
Things To Do
Indiana Dunes National Park has it all: swimming and flying kites at the beach, hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing, and more. Read up on your opportunities for these activities below:
- Biking: Indiana Dunes National Park offers an amazing interconnected bike trail system that spans 37 miles! Learn more about biking at Indiana Dunes National Park here.
- Hiking: 14 trail systems spreading over more than 50 miles of trails! This is a hiker’s paradise! Read about your hiking options here.
- Horseback riding: equestrian trails are offered through Glenwood Dunes Trails. You can learn more here.
- Fishing, sailing, kayaking, canoeing, and more! Get your boat out on Lake Michigan and enjoy all it has to offer. Read about your options here.
- Birding: Indiana Dunes National Park is a crucial feeding and resting spot for birds in migration, so bird watching is popular at this area of Lake Michigan. Late summer and early autumn may afford you plenty of bird watching opportunities as migration patterns pick up. Learn more here.
- Beaches: Indiana Dunes National Park has several different beaches your family may enjoy! Check those out here.
Places to Stay
Traveling and Visiting Safely
These are strange times for sure, but the National Park System is staying in compliance with federal guidelines in order to offer you and your family a safe and fun visiting experience. If you have any questions or need to inquire about Covid-19 updates, make sure to contact the park before you make a reservation or arrive for your scheduled camping trip.
Despite many of the traveling restrictions families have faced this year, traveling in a new or used RV can still offer one of the safest and most memorable vacations you can take with your family. Contact us today if you need some help shopping for a new or used RV, or need some RV service before you hit the road!