One of my favorite camping recipes to enjoy is not only delicious and gets the day started right, but it also is cost effective. With tasty camp recipes like these, you can save yourself some money – no need to eat out and overspend your food budget! Here are two homerun camp recipes – one for breakfast and one for dinner. You might find them so filling that you could skip lunch entirely and just snack on granola bars and some fresh fruit!
- 6 oz. bacon
- 4 red potatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
You’ll also need:
- Dutch oven
- Cutting board
- Dice bacon and fry in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove pieces as they begin to crisp; drain on paper towels.
- While bacon is cooking, dice potatoes and onion. Once the last of the bacon is cooked, pour off most of the grease, reserving 3-4 tablespoons. Add potatoes and onion into the reserved bacon grease and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep the Dutch oven lidded while the onion and potatoes, removing only every once in awhile to stir to prevent sticking. Cook until tender.
- Scrape potatoes and onions to the side, and crack eggs directly into the free space of the pan, whisking and scraping with spatula to scramble.
- Once the eggs are scrambled and cooked through, put all of the cooked bacon back into the pot.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Serve warm.
Once breakfast is cleaned up, you can get an immediate start (and finish!) on dinnertime faster than you can say “Get ready to leave for the day!” Wipe out the Dutch oven and throw in three ingredients – yes, only three ingredients! Set it on low heat and you’re good to go!
- 1.5 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 can Campbell’s Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 can Campbell’s French Onion soup
You’ll also need:
- Dutch oven or Crock Pot
- Can opener
- Combine all three ingredients in a Dutch oven or Crock Pot, cover, and place in oven at 250* for 6 hours. (Low heat for 4-6 hours if using Crock Pot.)
- Easy sides: a quick salad, grilled corn on the cob, or a side of mashed potatoes. You’ll discover this stew creates and cooks in its own gravy, so a side of potatoes or pasta is great to pair with it – easy pantry staples you’ll already have on hand!
Add these camp recipes to your list of camp meals while camping in your new or used RV, and we guarantee they’ll be family favorites! Contact us if you have any questions about shopping for a new or used RV or scheduling some routine RV maintenance before you hit the road. Happy trails!