This fun recipe makes a great breakfast or an evening dessert.
One large apple for each person
Vanilla ice cream *optional
- Core each apple.
- Put each on an individual sheet of tin foil large enough to wrap the apples completely.
- Fill each generously with brown sugar, a tablespoon in butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and few walnuts.
- Wrap the foil around the apples completely; ensuring the bottom is well secured with no cracks.
- Set apples, bottom-side down on fire grate and leave for about 20 minutes, depending on the heat of the fire and size of the apples.
- Carefully pull one off the fire and check to see if the flesh is soft. If so, then they’re done!
- Unwrap apples and dump into individual bowls to serve.
- Add vanilla ice cream for a tasty dessert!